What this blog is and how to use it

This blog contains poems that have caught my attention over the years. Many of the poems I've discussed and explored with 16 -19 year old students in my capacity as lecturer in English.

Browse the list of poems by scrolling down the page or read the titles of poems or names of poets in the sidebar 'Poem Titles and Poets'. Then click on the title or poet.

Thursday 6 April 2023

He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven by W B Yeats




Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.


Click here for a 17 minute programme about The Bedford Park Artwork Project. It concludes with a reading of the poem, 'He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven' by W. B. Yeats, read by Ciaran Hinds.

Click here for a link to the W B Yeats Bedford Park Artwork Project






No comments:

Post a Comment